iPad users prefer browsers over apps for news

October 27, 2011 at 10:47 am

EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it on your tablet browser. Tablet users have found it more intuitive to use browsers to get current news than using dedicated apps such as the NYTimes or CNN apps.

It seems that even after having an increasing market of iOS applications, “apps are for power [news] users” now, says Amy Gahran from Knight Digital Media Center. According to this article, where as 54% of tablet users email daily on their tablet, 67% browse the Internet on tablets every single day. For those of you in the other 33%…you are lacking my friends.

If you didn’t already know, enjoy fast information and learning with our “kikin Browser”. Simply long press on ANY word when you read off of your favorite news sites, and you can get instant results right from your iPad (soon to release on the iPhone). So what are you waiting for? Touch to learn!